The new iCS2 is now available on the CC24 crate controller and the iCSmini2 controller box.
ICS2 - THE UNIFIED ISEG CONTROL PLATFORM
The MMS crate controller CC24 and the iCSmini2 control box contain an embedded Quad-Core hardware server, which is ideally prepared for the operation of the iCS system (iseg Communication Server). It enables the straightforward and quick access via Ethernet or optional WiFi to iseg hardware, which is connected by CAN or RS2-232 interface (iCSmini2 only).
Numerous features like CSV data export, channel folders, channel profiles (restore of channels settings and states), user management and much more simplify the dealing with iseg hardware. Optionally a web- or IP-cam can be used for integrated surveillance of the facility or experiment.
iCS2 contains a couple of preinstalled software interfaces (API), which are already fit to play at delivery. These include established standards from research and industry such like EPICS, OPC/UA, SNMP, SOAP but also interfaces like HTTP, websocket, SOAP and isegHAL which offer quick and secure access.
- embedded Linux System with preinstalled iCS OS
- available on iseg CC24 Crate - Controller and as external iCSmini2 control box
- control a wide range of iseg devices, equipped with CAN or serial interface (see compatibility list)
- easy device firmware updates with online repository
- control and hardware configuration via Ethernet or optional WiFi by using a webbrowser or native multiplatform software isegControl2 (Win, Linux, Mac OS)
- browser version for mobile access, e.g. by tablet for instant hardware configuration, maintenance or control tests
- camera connection for remote surveillance of facility, load, detectors ...
- preinstalled services: EPICS, OPC/UA (planned), SNMP (planned), HTTP, websocket, HAL, SOAP
- easy integration in existing facilities, eg. extend older iseg systems with iCSmini2 or as extension of new crate with CC24 controlle